Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Low GPAs - There's still hope!

The question that haunts me day and night is this one thing, why did I not know anything about the importance of having a stellar GPA for a top B-School while I was attending undergrad?The odds just stack up against you when you realise GPA is so darn important 4 yrs down the line after you completed Bachelors!

Anyways, so while I was morosely going through Dave's blog, I came across an article from BusinessWeek that had a low GPA admit thread running...its inspirational I can say!Wharton sure seems fair and forgiving to those who can prove why they should not be judged or chopped off based purely on their low GPAs!This thread is very helpful to go on with a tiny smile at least that I am not spending time, effort and money in vain.

Min GPA admits into various top schools from MBA Buzz(though I have come across certain stories with lesser GPAs who have got into some of the schools.)

Berkeley - 2.8

Carnegie - 3.2

Chicago - 3.2

Columbia - 3.0

Cornell - 2.6

Dartmouth - 2.6

Duke - 2.7

HBS - 3.4

Indiana - 3.3

Michigan - 2.5

MIT - 2.8

Kellogg - 3.1

NYU - 2.9

Wharton - 2.8

Stanford - 3.3

Texas-Austin - 2.8

UCLA - 3.2

UNC - 3.0

Virginia - 2.5

Yale - 3.0

Bottom line, you can still get into great schools with a low GPA. Off I scamper back to my preps with renewed vigor!

2 comments:

e.catharsis said...

I wrote this post based on yours:
http://bschool-bound.blogspot.com/2007/09/gpa-and-gmat-pontification.html

Hope it helps somewhat.

mbadreamer said...

Your blog sure is nicely written :)!Always good to boost up other folks who think they are doomed because of a flaw in their acads!I see your list of schools is really the creme-de-la-creme!No safe schools?