Friday, January 18, 2008

Next steps

Now that essays are done, there seems to be too much time to wade into the nitty gritties of each college in hopeful anticipation of interview calls!While I have come across couple of blogs that host up their interview experiences, I do know only of one website that actually collates interview transcripts(http://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page).I would be so grateful if any of you could send me your inputs on interview transcripts that you refer to for the schools I have listed.

One more question at the cost of sounding ignorant,what type of questions does one typically ask an interviewer, is it more of a how will your univ help me or more of a first-hand account on what they can offer in terms of courses and clubs etc?Send me your thoughts!

2 comments:

Maxwriter said...

Try www.accepted.com They have a big collection of interview experiences at most top schools. ATB!

JulyDream said...

You are not ignorant and I think your question is very valid. I wrestled with the same problem, what do you ask the interviewer? I only applied to schools I thoroughly researched and sincerely thought would be a good fit. After spending time talking with Alumni and current students, you get to know a lot of about the school. Everything depends on the interviewer. I've asked alumni interviewers, what do you believe is the can't miss experience? It is thought provoking and makes them elaborate on their experiences. Still unsure what you ask the adcom if you know the process. I tend to ask what they like about the school.